SLAC Travel Card Program
The SLAC Travel Card is a JP Morgan company paid credit card assigned to individual cardholders that can be used to purchase SLAC authorized travel expenses when traveling on SLAC business.
Travel Card Benefits
- Keep your personal miles and points!
- Company Paid - Say goodbye to out-of-pocket travel expenses! All travel expenses charged to the travel card will be directly billed to SLAC.
- All Employees May Apply - All personnel listed in the SLAC Directory with Employee status may apply for the SLAC Travel Card.
- Two Types of Travel Cards - Individual travel cards available to all employees & department cards available to SLAC department administrators (see below for details).
- Automatically Linked to Egencia - The SLAC Travel Card will be saved to the cardholder’s Egencia account and ready-to-use for airfare purchase upon an approved travel request—it’s that simple! Those who qualify for SLAC Travel Card Plus would be able to use the travel card for additional travel expenses (details below).
For any questions about the travel card program, please email email@example.com.
Types of SLAC Travel Cards Available
SLAC Travel Card
- Base card open to all employees
- Available for airfare purchase in Egencia
SLAC Travel Card Plus
- Qualifications: Must have three consecutive trips on SLAC Travel Card with no significant issues. (Travel card upgrade subject to review and approval by Travel@SLAC)
- In addition to airfare purchase in Egencia, it can also be used for hotel, car rental, fuel, taxi, Uber/Lyft & parking.
Read the SLAC Individual Travel Card Policy and complete the online application form on the last page. Please note that the JPM Travel Card is only available for SLAC and Stanford employees; sponsored guests can book expenses through their sponsoring department's admin.
Card Warnings and Suspension
Please see the below table for the list of SLAC Individual Travel Card out of compliance triggers, as well as the appropriate action that will be taken by Travel@SLAC if a trigger is met.
|T-Card expense report submitted > 30 days from Trip End Date.||Email reminder to submit reconciling expense report in a timely manner and warn cardholder regarding Level 2 ramification. Copy admin if applicable.|
|2||If Level 1 is triggered 2 expense reports in a row.||Cardholder T-Card account suspended and email notification to warn cardholder regarding Level 3.|
|3||If Level 2 is triggered twice within the past 12 months.||Cardholder account closed.|
SLAC Department Travel Card
- Available only to Department Admins.
- Used for purchasing Airfare and Lodging for Non-Employees.
Department administrators are encouraged to apply for their own SLAC Department Travel Card. For the SLAC Department Travel Card policy and application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Card Warnings and Suspension
Please see the below table for the list of SLAC Department Travel Card out of compliance triggers, as well as the appropriate action that will be taken by Travel@SLAC if a trigger is met.
|1a||T-Card expense report submitted >30 days from Transaction Date.||Email reminder to submit reconciling expense reports in a timely manner and warn cardholder regarding Level 2 ramification.|
|1b||T-Card expense report submitted >45 days from Transaction Date.||Email remider to submit reconciling expense report in a timely manner and ward cardholder regarding Level 2 ramification. Copy supervisor.|
|2||If Level 1B is triggered 2 expense reports in a row.
If Level 1(A or B) is triggered 3 expense reports in a row.
|Cardholder T-Card account suspended and email notification to warn cardholder regarding Level 3 ramification.|
|3||If Level 2 is triggered twice within the past 12 months.||
Cardholder account closed.