SLAC relocation policy is outlined in the Relocation Assistance Policy. These policies are to help SLAC employees understand how best to go about their relocation to minimize personal costs and inconvenience. Employee reimbursement is handled through your Concur account. If you are claiming expenses prior to your start date, reimbursement will be handled through a Sponsored Guest account.
Relocation Assistance Policy
- Please contact HR Employment for relocation policy questions stated in your offer letter.
- For foreign nationals traveling to SLAC for employment or other reasons, SLAC does not cover the SEVIS fees, visa application fees, or required insurance fee associated with international travel or immigration requirements. As an exception in special cases, the sponsoring directorate may choose to cover these costs out of their unallowable funds. Please contact ISO@slac.stanford.edu if you have any further questions.
Travel Policy and Procedures
- Please contact email@example.com for travel and moving company questions. The Travel Office has a list of recommended moving companies who can directly bill to SLAC. An estimate is required to be submitted and approved by the Travel Office before the move for directly billed moves.
- For one-way relocation travel, you may purchase a roundtrip airfare itinerary if it is cheaper than a one-way airfare. For documentation, please include a printout of the one-way airfare itinerary in the relocation expense report.
- Please follow all SLAC Travel Guidelines and pay special attention to the Fly America Act when booking airfare.
- Relocation can be a lengthy process, therefore expenses can be submitted in multiple expense reports. It is not necessary to wait for all the relocation expenses to be incurred.
- Expenses submitted after 60 days from the date of incurrence may be taxable income by the IRS. Please submit your Expense Report as soon as possible.
- As of 2020, car mileage reimbursement is at 17 cents per mile driven for relocation/moving purposes. If your relocation miles were driven in 2019, please use the "Manual Adjustment" expense type in Concur and calculate at 20 cents per mile.
- For Airfare, Car Rental, and Lodging resources, see Traveling to SLAC.
- For submitting expense reports, see the Relocation Quick Start Guide and the Creating an Expense Report Quick Start Guide.
|Lodging||Through 9/30/19||10/1/19-12/31/19||1/1/20-3/31/20||4/1/10-9/30/10||meals & incidentals|
|Employee||$229||$241||$253||$241||$66 (75% on travel day)|
|First dependent||$114.50||$120.50||$126.50||$120.50||$33 (75% on travel day)|
|Each additional dependent||$57.25||$60.25||$63.25||$60.25||$16.50 (75% on travel day)|
Recommended Moving Companies
SLAC has two direct bill moving companies (listed below). Please contact them directly to get an estimate for your move. Submit the move estimate to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval prior to the move, in order to have the expenses directly billed to SLAC.
You may choose to use an alternative moving company. If so, expenses will be paid from out-of-pocket and the receipt submitted for reimbursement in Concur.
Stevens Worldwide Van Lines
- Dave Mocny, Account Executive | email@example.com | Office Phone: (800) 765-3836 x423 | Cell Phone: (989) 714-8176
Ace World Wide (Atlas Van Lines)
- Sandra Jackson | Sandra.Jackson@aceworldwide.com | (800) 992-9590
- cc: Wade Bute | firstname.lastname@example.org | (702) 210-5668 or (414) 570-2217